Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
I wanted the pancakes to be plant based, gluten free and vegan. Thus my recipe experimentation began.. after two separate rounds, I found I liked the pancakes better the next day, rather than hot off the stove, so the banana has time to set.
Initially I topped my pancakes with peanut butter, bananas, chocolate chips, and drizzle of maple syrup! During the week I added other fruit on top of the peanut butter to mix it up: Strawberries and Bananas one day, and Nectarines and Bananas another day!
Oatmeal Banana Pancake Recipe:
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tablespoons flax meal
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon agave syrup
1 ripe banana
3 cups almond milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
Dash of Cinnamon
1. Grind oats into oat flour in the Vitamix - start on low then blend on high until oats become flour
2. Transfer oat flour into a large mixing bowl
3. Pour almond milk, banana, agave syrup, vanilla extract, and chia seeds into the Vitamix and blend on high until smooth
4. Mix flax seed meal and baking powder into the oat flour before adding in the liquid banana almond milk mixture
5. Stir oat flour and banana almond milk together until you get the proper pancake batter consistency, the batter will be a bit sticky)
6. Ladle onto a hot griddle on medium heat, lightly oiled with coconut oil, wait until bubbles appear and flip - remove when done! (These pancakes are a bit thick and will require a little more time than regular pancakes to cook all the way through.)
This recipe will make about a dozen medium sized pancakes, great for sharing or storing for a quick breakfast during the week, they kept me full all the way till lunch.