Today was a great Monday, how often can you say that and actually mean it? I LOVE waking up on a Monday and not having to go into work! Thank you Martin Luther King day, it was amazing being able to start my day with a 4 mile beach run and a delicious green smoothie! Happy Monday!
2 fresh picked oranges
1 slice fresh ginger
1 cup kale
1 cup broccoli slaw or florets
1 cup strawberries
1 cup frozen mango and pineapple chunks
1 tablespoon chia seeds
A few ice cubes
1. Place all ingredients into the blender
2. Starting with the peeled oranges at the bottom of the blender to make the juice that will ease the blending process for the rest of the ingredients
3. Make sure the frozen ingredients are near the top so the blender has a chance to adequately blend all the other ingredients before it becomes a frozen treat with bits of unblended kale throughout.
4. Turn on the blender and blend for few minutes until smooth
5. Enjoy your delicious and filling, fiber filled smoothie!
6. Be happy that you are feeding your body vital nutrients it needs to excel, strengthen your immune system, and be happy healthy human being :)